Employment law regulates the relationship between employer and employee. Amongst other laws and regulations, the recent Workers’ Rights Act, provides a comprehensive legislative framework for the protection of workers. The serious impact of COVID-19 on the work environment and the need for emergency measures to help both employer and employee showed, more than ever, the importance of employment law.
Our lawyers at LexTech.mu Chambers are well-versed with all the latest employment law development. You can rely on us to act as your in-house lawyer and provide you with the best tailor-made advice on a range of contentious and non-contentious issues from recruitment, HR issues, employment contracts and redundancy to disciplinary matters and cases before the Industrial and Supreme Court.
We also endeavour to advice employees on their rights and employment contracts and assist them during their employment disputes during disciplinary committees and in court.
What we can do
At LexTech.mu, we provide advice and assist our clients, in inter alia:
- relation to employment laws;
- referring a dispute to the Ministry of Labour, Human Resource Development and Training;
- disciplinary committees;
- cases at the Industrial Court;
- cases at the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal;
- cases referred to the Redundancy Board;
- notifying and referring a case to the Redundancy Board;
- drafting contracts of employment;