Planning & Environment Law
Planning and Environment is an important consideration for any individual and business to successfully plan and undertake development works. Getting everything right from the conception of any project will make all the difference.
At LexTech.mu Chambers, we have a thorough knowledge of all planning laws and regulations. We act for clients through all stages from seeking the necessary approvals from relevant authorities and utility providers to appeals at the Environment and Land Use Appeal Tribunal (ELUAT) and the Supreme Court.
What we can do
Our team at LexTech.mu can assist you in the following matters, amongst others:
- Making an application for a Building and Land Use Permit (BLUP) at the level of Municipal City Council, Municipal Town Councils and District Councils and liaise with relevant authorities;
- Making an appeal for clients who are aggrieved by a decision of the Ministry of Environment before the Environment and Land Use Appeal Tribunal (ELUAT) in respect of Preliminary Environmental Report (PER) and Environmental Impact Assessment Licence (EIA)
- Making an appeal for clients who are aggrieved by the decision of a relevant authority (The decisions of Municipal City Councils, Municipal Town Councils or District Councils, The Morcellement Board) to make an appeal before the Environment and Land Use Appeal Tribunal (ELUAT);
- Making complaints to the Police de l’environnement and assist in the follow-up of the matter;
- Investigations conducted by the Police de L’environnement.